Following Dreams...
So i'm sitting at the diner at the corner of this street and this old man comes in, walks up to my table and he says, "Hey son, you happy?"
I say, "Yeah man, I'm really happy, you dig?"
The old man says, "Hey son, you got a job?"
I say, "Yeah man, i gots a job, a real good job, desk and all."
And the old man says, "Hey son, you got a girl?" I say, "Yeah man, I got a real good girl, pretty, doesn't say much, but really pretty, you dig?"
And the old man says, "Hey son, you got friends?"
I say, "Yeah man i got lots of friends at work."
The old man says, "Hey son, what used to be your dream before all this?"
And I say, "Well, it was music, but you know how that goes."
The old man shakes his head and sighs and asks again, "Hey son, you happy?"
...and I say, "Naw, man, can't really say I am."
I say, "Yeah man, I'm really happy, you dig?"
The old man says, "Hey son, you got a job?"
I say, "Yeah man, i gots a job, a real good job, desk and all."
And the old man says, "Hey son, you got a girl?" I say, "Yeah man, I got a real good girl, pretty, doesn't say much, but really pretty, you dig?"
And the old man says, "Hey son, you got friends?"
I say, "Yeah man i got lots of friends at work."
The old man says, "Hey son, what used to be your dream before all this?"
And I say, "Well, it was music, but you know how that goes."
The old man shakes his head and sighs and asks again, "Hey son, you happy?"
...and I say, "Naw, man, can't really say I am."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home